Monday, May 16, 2011

Wait... What?

Hey everyone!! I got my workout notebook for my volleyball team at college today and I am so excited!! but more on that later... I hope you're all having a great day! Here are your Youcat passages for today...

#3 Why do we seek God?
CCC: God has placed in our hearts a longing to seek and find him. St. Augustine says, "You have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you." We call that longing for God 'Religion.' [27-30]
     It is natural for man to seek God. All of out striving for truth and happiness is ultimately a search for the one who supports us absolutely, satisfies us absolutely, and employs us absolutely in his service. A person is not completely himself until he has found God. "Anyone who seeks truth seeks God, whether or not he realizes it." -St. Edith Stein

I agree wholeheartedly with St. Augustine. Whenever I wander away from God, I can feel my life get more and more shaky. I have trouble focusing on more that a couple projects at a time, I worry all the time, I can't keep my emotions straight, and before someone gave that quote to me, I couldn't put into words exactly how I was feeling. It was restlessness. And once I knew how to fix the problem, once I took a good chunk of time and set it aside to rest with God, everything in my life became much more calm :)

#4 Can we know the existence of God by our reason?
CCC: Yes. Human reason can know God with certainty.
     The world cannot have it's origin and destination within itself. In everything that exists, there is more than we see. The order, the beauty, and the development of the world point beyond themselves toward God. Every man is receptive to what is true, good, and beautiful. He hears within himself the voice of conscience, which urges him to what is good and warns him against what is evil. Anyone who follows this path reasonably finds God.

This is a really deep thought. One that I don't completely understand, but I'm trying and you should too. Think about the things that make you, you. Not your hair color, or height, or weight or anything like that, I'm talking about the things that don't come from your DNA. For example, your conscience. Think about where that is rooted. Then follow that thought alllll thhhheeeee waaayyy through until conclusion and then let me know what you came up with in the comment box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment